Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pinterest

Pinterest is going to be the death of me. It is the most addictive site since Facebook was introduced. That being said, it is an AMAZING professional development tool.  I suddenly have resources from around the world at my fingertips in an organized way.  The best part of this site is the use of visuals.  In the past, I would Google ideas and would skim and scan about 5 or 6 resources before calling it quits.  It wasn't that I found the answer to my question or the lesson plan that I wanted, I was just tired of looking.  My eyes would hurt from reading and searching for a particular piece of text or idea.  By using pictures on Pinterest, I am able to search for longer and get better ideas for my lessons. I have collected over 600 pins in S.S., Math, and L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment