Sunday, November 18, 2012

Todays Meet

I don't know if you have noticed, but the students of today are extremely needy.  They would rather ask a question, than figure it out themselves.  I will often become frustrated half way through my small group lesson, because every time I speak a hand goes up and asks a question.  The question is then repeated several times throughout the class period. Admin always says that you are supposed to work with a small group of students, but how is that possible with 1 of me and 25 of them?  WELL,  I started using www.todaysmeet.com/ to have students ask questions or communicate confusion.   With Todaysmeet, the students need to write their name and join a chat room that you have created ahead of time. While they are working on their assignment and I am at the front of the room with my small group, the students can type their question and either I or another student can respond.  My favorite part of using Todaysmeet, was students were able to find already answered questions by scrolling through the conversation.  At the end of class I was calm (not frustrated), the students were happy (they felt confident about the experience), and the assignment was completed! (Both my small group lesson and the student's computer assignment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment